FC5 rocks!

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 19:24:22 UTC 2006

On 4/24/06, Denis Leroy <denis at poolshark.org> wrote:
> While we're on the subject, somebody at Gnome is in love with the middle
> button, since it seems more and more important features are moved to it.
> Do you know how hard it is to click the middle button on a mouse when
> that middle button is actually the mouse wheel (i.e. 90% of them) ?
> Grrrr. I'm out!

Hey I have an idea... lets build an input device which includes a
button that depresses AND scrolls... and do so in a way that makes it
difficult for users to use the button press functionality.. so they
then complain when software developers attempt to utilize that action
in a useful way. If i was a conspiracy theorist I'd claim your
hardware manufacturer was deliberately trying to cripple the
functionality of the middle-click button. Oh wait I am a conspiracy
theorist and they are deliberately trying to cripple the functionality
of the middle-click button.  Explain the me the point of including the
middle-click functionality in an input device and making it
delibrately difficult to use. Sounds like pathetically poor hardware
design to me.

-jef"I have no problem with my clickable scroll-wheel mouse. Then
again i spend a lot of time flipping people the bird so my middle
finger may be super-humanly dexterous from all the exercise"spaleta