Elektra's technical suitablity

Avi Alkalay avi at unix.sh
Mon Apr 3 01:27:46 UTC 2006

Exactly. Since Elektra was designed to absolutely any type of
software, even to no-software, we tryed to keep it as simple as
possible. The more we optimize it for some specific need, we
deoptimize it for some other.

However, you can put some layer of schematics on top of it. This is
exactly what GConf with Elektra as its backend is: use GConf API,
GConf namespaces, GConf semantics, GConf schemas, and Elektra only for
the storage and sharing with everybody else (KDE, etc).

I personally think schemas add too much complexity to the application
programmer, make his life more difficult, and inhibits him to interact
with other softwares configurations. But this is my opinion and we
don't have to discuss that....

Avi