The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management

Shane Stixrud shane at geeklords.org
Mon Apr 3 08:45:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> GConf started much the same way as elektra. I didn't notice it making user
> or admin life easier.
>
> I could be wrong of course. This had been known to happen.

Many features that you apparently take for granted in gnome are ONLY
DOABLE due to gconf's unified configuration system.  Similar features
and functionality for administrators and programmers is non-existent /
impractical to create for the remainder of the Linux operation system as
it lacks this same functionality.  Do you have a technical argument to
make on this subject?  If not I will kindly refrain from continuing in
this discussion with you.

Cheers,
Shane