Fedora Art Team Now Open

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Apr 3 21:52:20 UTC 2006

Benjy Grogan wrote:
>> It didn't become terrible, but I personally believe that the artwork in
>> FC5 was a small step backwards.  I think maybe we could improve this
>> situation in the future by treating artwork as a community project with
>> feedback and (maybe) voting, rather than impose it on the community.
>> Perhaps the FC6 desktop background could be made into an art contest
>> with judging and prizes.
>
> I completely disagree.  I think the artwork in FC5 is a step forward.
> I didn't hate the artwork in FC4 but it was kind of dark and cold
> looking.  The bubbles are a little weird but there is a brightness to
> the desktop now that wasn't there before.  A step forward, but room
> for improvement.
>
> Benjy

OK right, whether FC5 was an improvement or not is subjective and
doesn't matter.

What does matter is that we should be building a community around art.
The community should be submitting candidates for the Fedora background,
and the community should (somehow) decide which we choose for the release.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com