Why Elektra is the wrong approach (Was Re: The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Apr 4 13:56:38 UTC 2006

Le Mar 4 avril 2006 15:32, Joe Orton a écrit :
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 01:27:00AM -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
>> I wish that people working on the server bits (e.g. Apache, Postfix)
>> would take a similar stance and only make their software read
>> settings from LDAP (or whatever) for the site-wide case.
>
> This always seems like a nice simple idea in theory.  The reality is
> that you'd have to put so much complexity in to deal with...

Also historically FOSS LDAP = openldap and openldap admin is interesting
(to say the less).

I don't know how good the netscape stuff is but if manageability is closer
to what a normaly constituted human can bear we may see more LDAP use in
the next years (which would rock sooooo much for every network constituted
from more than 1 node)

--
Nicolas Mailhot