Why Elektra is the wrong approach (Was Re: The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management)

Bill Rugolsky Jr. brugolsky at telemetry-investments.com
Tue Apr 4 18:30:35 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 02:00:14PM -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> My view is that Pete is blowing this out of proportion and I think
> you're just being his puppet in this particular case.

Heh, I'm quite capable of thinking for myself, thank you.
My thoughts on this and related topics are in the relevant archives ...

As for blowing things out of proportion, take it for what it is: a lament
that a mis-design will come into sufficiently wide-spread use that
it will draw interest and resources away from a much better solution.
And once it is "good enough" for your "typical" use cases, interest in
covering the rest of the cases will wane.

But there's no requirement that any of us accept gifts that we don't
want, and NetworkManager, like any other free software, is a gift.
So honestly, I have no sense of entitlement, just bemusement.

	Bill Rugolsky