Why Elektra is the wrong approach (Was Re: The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management)

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Tue Apr 4 18:42:26 UTC 2006

From: "David Zeuthen" <david at fubar.dk>
> Uhm, no one is forcing you to use NetworkManager just yet so there is
> not really any regression.

I fear the day when we'll have to use NetworkManager, based on
   https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-July/msg00413.html

Again, the classical "you are not our use case". Not "sorry, we screwed up",
not "we hope to fix it in the future".

I mean, NetworkManager was going an idiotic thing: overwriting my manually
created file without doing at least a backup. Not to mention use the stuff
I've put in there, or try to restore it when it's done.

And the answer from people that should know better is: "we don't care, you
are not our user".

Surely you don't think this gives folks the warm and fuzzies.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.