Move Evolution to Extras?

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at zie.pg.gda.pl
Tue Apr 4 19:41:03 UTC 2006

Dnia 04-04-2006, wto o godzinie 14:47 -0400, Jesse Keating napisał(a):
> On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 11:32 -0700, Ian Burrell wrote:
> > I put in a bug (178155) a while ago with a patch split the conduits
> > into an evolution-pilot subpackage.
>
> While thats nice, it doesn't help in this regard.  It is a subpackage of
> the main evolution source rpm.  That means that the source rpm cannot go
> outside the Fedora build system.  Not until we made modifications to how
> packages are brought in and how we look at the distribution.

Patch for current evolution.spec for doing this in attachment.

Attached patch also fixes few other (sometimes very stupid) things in
this spec:
- remove "Require: libinotify" rule (remember: not versioned libraries
  dependencies are *allways* autogenerated by rpm on build stage),
- replace run sequence autotools by single "autoreconf -f" in %build,
- use --disable-schemas-install in configure parameters instead
  "excercises" in %install,
- remove INSTALL from %doc (God .. now we have in system resources few
  hundrets minus one the same automake INSTALL document),
- replace all --with-<foo>=no and --enable-<bar>=no by better redable
  --without-<foo> and --disable-<bar>,
- use --dissable-static instead waste time in %build for generate static
  libraries only for prune them in %install,
- use single command (rm) for remove all .la files (all without using
  additionaly command like xargs and find),
- cleanups: s,$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_,$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_,

kloczek