[OT] Re: Move Evolution to Extras?

Tue Apr 4 23:22:00 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 23:40 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 15:22 -0700, Peter Gordon wrote:
> > > Really?  Well, I use Kontact and it always respect my font choices.  I guess
> > > you have not tried it. :)
> >
> > Yeah but Kontact is a Qt/KDE application... ;)
>
> That just means it's not _surprising_ when it gives you options which
> allow you to make it behave how you want it to, rather than forcing the
> user to conform to _its_ model.

KDE apps, including Kontact, force me to use the KDE look and feel, and
pretty much ignore the GNOME settings I am used to. So KDE is just as
well forcing _its_ model on you, just a different model.

Of course a KDE vs. GNOME flamewar is not going to fix the problem that
evolution is a good application but just needs some fixing by someone
with a lot of time :-)

- Erwin