[OT] Re: Move Evolution to Extras?

Wed Apr 5 07:59:56 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 10:48 +0300, Bogdan Mustiata wrote:

> I didn't knew that GNOME and KDE _should_ integrate ;-)

They shouldn't, hence i don't want kmail but a GNOME mailer.

> so I don't get
> your point about KDE being forcing.
> Anyway I belive that David tried to point out that KDE lets *you*
> configure it fully as you want, while GNOME limits you because of all
> usability stuff (HIG and so on).

What if I don't want to configure every little thing, or am not smart
enough to do so ? And one configuration option that i could not find in
KDE was the "follow GNOME HIG and theme" one ;-)

> Anyway after I have tried Evolution, Kontact and Thunderbird and
> remained with Thunderbird.

Thunderbird isn't bad, it just doesn't do calendar and task management.

- Erwin