Red Hat's "Cowardice" against Software Patents

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Apr 5 22:47:16 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 18:15, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Michael Tiemann encouraged me to "engage the Fedora community directly".
> I think this may have been a mistake.

Why?  Because the community at large doesn't agree with your views?  Boohoo,
that's life.  Fedora doesn't want to do what you think it should.  Too bad.
If that is the limit of what you have to offer, well then there are other
projects down the road which may do what you want.  More power to them (and
you).  You asked if we could do something, we said no.  We listed why, you
just didn't read it or agree to it.  I'm sorry.  The project being right does
not require you to agree with it.  I'm sorry your feelers are hurt, but
instead of whining about it, either find a venue for your thoughts and
desires, or come up with something that is aligned with the goals of the
Fedora Project.