"expected gains in market share"

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Wed Apr 5 23:41:55 UTC 2006

Eric

> I have no argument with any of those goals.  Whether they're "better"
> in terms of being more effective at raising market share, I dunno.

I think that burning ISOs, shrinking NTFS and repartitioning are more of
an impediment to uptake.

Do you think there are users that are happy to do all that tech stuff,
yet will abandon their new install because configuring and using a third
party repo is too hard?

Mp3 support is relatively easily obtained through third party repos, and
if that's too much of a hurdle for some users, it's a moot point. Your
"nontechnical users" will fall at an earlier hurdle.

-Cam

--

                                                                      <--
camilo at mesias.co.uk