r200? was: Today's rawhide xorg/radeon

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 12:21:13 UTC 2006

David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 08:02 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Yes I think you're right on the money there, because of stability issues
>> the radeon drm driver was disabled for > r200 cards in the currentl FC-5
>> kernel. I believe its reenabled in the latest rawhide kernel but I'm not
>> sure, go check the changelog.
>
> Yes, it's enabled in rawhide, with some checks on the X server to make
> sure it's new enough.
>
> It'll also be enabled in the 2085 and later kernels if you use the
> 'allow_r300' module parameter when loading radeon.ko. I don't think we
> built that yet though -- it's only in CVS. It's trivial enough to
> rebuild just radeon.ko though, if you want to.

I have
(--) Chipset ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE) found

No dri/drm here, is it supposed to work?

drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed

I did install  2.6.16-1.2121_FC6 (otherwise, current FC5)