Update notification applet for FC?

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Sat Apr 8 19:41:17 UTC 2006

> You exaggerate. If you want automatic updates, enable yum in Services.
> If you want manual, open Software Updater. That's it. Yet another
> notifier is not needed.                                   ^^^^^^^
  ^^^^^^^^

Wrong, right now, there is none. Period.

> In older FC versions I always distributed a modified default gnome
> session to remove the update notification applet which annoys people
> during work.

RHEL, Ubuntu, Suse, etc. -- all important distros offer this kind of
feature. If you decide to remove an applet that you don't like, nobody will
care about or even prevent you from doing so. At least you had the freedom
of choice.
But do not try to impose your very subjective preferences on others!