Bug or "Feature" Can not package manager gui with non-connected box

Harry Smith thingsmith at comcast.net
Wed Apr 12 03:34:25 UTC 2006

At 08:00 PM 4/11/2006, you wrote:
>On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 19:29 -0700, Harry Smith wrote:
> > I am setting up a system in an area where I can not connect to the
> > Internet.  I chose a minimal install from the GUI, i.e. don't make it
> > any of the pre-defined options.  I was planning to return after the
> > install and add the packages I needed.
> >
> > The install finished,  when I tried to add packages it failed
> > immediately.    I can add the rpms manually.
> >
> > So is this a bug or feature in FC 5.
> >
> > Harry Smith
>
>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/FC5Common
>
>Rahul

Rahul:  I looked that the Bugs before I sent the message.  I didn't
see any bugs that I thought  related.  Can you tell me the bug number.

Jesse:  I build a FC 5 system that had ethernet cards but was not
connected to the internet. (no could it be connected)    During the
installation, I said I would customize later.  However, when I hit
the add packages the add packages GUI messages failed
immediately.   BTW: I have also had problems with the nightly updates
causing the machine to freeze.

Harry