Move Evolution to Extras?

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Wed Apr 12 13:47:56 UTC 2006

> You are over over-dramatizing. This is not a place for enterprises to
> get technology guidance and nobody's personal opinions here is going
> to cost anyone untold millions.

Give me a break. Alan is just not anybody, and neither is dwmw2,
and others in Red Hat. Also, we've just been told how Fedora is
essential to Red Hat's business strategy, and why we can't have
a Foundation. Which is fine by me, but this means you can not
have this 100% separation between Fedora and Red Hat, which is
conveniently waved whenever there are uncomfortable questions.

And please don't tell me there's no connection with RHEL. We
wouldn't have  this conversation now if Evo would be maintained.
If you can maintain it for RHEL, I can't see why it will not
be maintained for Fedora. And if so, this discussion would be moot.
But since lots of RH people call for its immediate demise, it
can only mean that it's going to be dumped in RHEL as well.

Dumping Evo now, after being pushed for years by RH, can not
be a Good Thing (TM).

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.