This is a development discussion list.

Michael Favia michael.favia at insitesinc.com
Wed Apr 12 20:48:24 UTC 2006

While i recognize that many subscribers may feel that their tangential
concerns and ideas are worthy of discussion on such a list i was under
the impression that this was a "just the facts" type of list that
concerned itself with the current actual development of the
distribution. I dont blame them for posting their issues here though
because they have no other official outlet for discussion.

This extra noise, though well intentioned, is making it difficult for me
(and i imagine many others) to justify the time necessary to weed out
the "philosophical type" posts. And while i frown on the creation of yet
another fedora list, perhaps the creation of a "sounder" style list
would allow the discussion on the list to revert to a more focused
state? I do think that the philosophical discussions are beneficial to
the evolution of fedora as a distribution i just dont think that it
relates to the actual development concerns any more then desktop or docs
do (i.e. they have lists).

Maybe im the only one with these issues but i have been considering
unsubscribing from the list as a result of shear number of the OT
discussions and wanted to know if others felt the same. So, any votes
for a "fedora-socrates" list :)?
Michael Favia          michael.favia at insitesinc.com
Insites Incorporated  http://michael.insitesinc.com