Where is my "everything" gone?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Apr 13 02:48:27 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, Olivier Galibert <galibert at pobox.com> said:
> The exact same thing it meant in fc3, everything in the repository
> barring obvious conflicts, which was at the time limited to the kernel
> wasn't it?

Nope, FC3 "Everything" didn't install every installable package.

> Or in other words, as much as possible so that I don't have users
> asking for the software they happen to need every other day on the
> 200+ systems I have to install semi-automatically.  Hard drives are
> cheap and I like having time for other things that sysadminning.

If you want to take less time, then why are you doing manual installs?
Try kickstart.

In any case, if you really want everything, "yum install *" after
install works IIRC (but be prepared for what you get).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>