yum rudeness

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 15:46:28 UTC 2006

On 4/13/06, Richard Hally <rhally at mindspring.com> wrote:
> When did the behavior of yum WRT its cache change? Is it documented
> anywhere that by default it no longer keeps packages in its cache.

the only reference in the yum changlog seems to indicate the intention
was to keep things.  If a change in judgement was made upstream or at
the fedora package level after march 4th I can't find a reference in
either the package or yum changelog.  I'd have to look at the cvs
revisions to track it down further.

-jef

/usr/share/doc/yum-2.6.0/ChangeLog

        * docs/yum.conf.5, etc/yum.conf, yum/__init__.py, yum/config.py:
        new option 'keepcache' to allow the cache of packages and headers
        to be automatically purged after successful package installation.
        the default behavior remains to keep things (as previously)