Kickstart and roles

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Fri Apr 14 05:23:56 UTC 2006

> That way, the first screen can be a input screen for a user id / password to
> identify the potential user. Then the next screen offers you what type of
> setup you want - that's basically where you would then go ahead and determine
> most of the setup parameters. If needed, it might then ask you some more
> questions and so on.
>
> Of course that would require anaconda to have support to take a server
> location on the boot line and load screen definitions from a remote server -
> something I don't think it can do right now...

or, fairly simply:

You setup a web app that takes the info on what the user wants on the
box and stores it in a db. Then it returns a url encoded to retrieve a
ks.cfg from a cgi based on the info in the db.

Then for the ks you specify the location of the ks.cfg as the
aforementioned url.

That's it.

-sv