No yum GUI in core?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sat Apr 15 11:25:32 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 10:05 +0200, dragoran wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> > I just loaded that up. It seems to be what it has always has been, a
> > manager of the software available from the install media, ie. no real
> > connection to yum. Correct me if I am wrong.

> you are wrong ...
> it does not even supports media it uses yum for software installation.
> you can also install packages that aren't on the install media like the
> extras packages or any other repo you set up in yum.

If he did indeed pull up the add/remove software, then he is correct, in
that it ONLY gives you info from Fedora Core (which is the media or
install files), not from any other repo.

Then System Tools/Software Updater is pup, which does use all the repos
(that are enabled) to update your software.  But AFAIK it won't let you
add or remove software?

Mike