Google Summer of Code 2006

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Mon Apr 17 01:42:21 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 10:47 -0500, Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
> On Sunday 16 April 2006 08:22, David Nielsen <david at lovesunix.net> wrote:
> > Google just kicked off SoC 2006 and I don't see The Fedora Project
> > anywhere on the mentor list, isn't anyone planning on taking advantage
> > of this to better our beloved OS?
> >
> > http://code.google.com/soc/
> >
> > Just off the top of my head I would love to see someone work on system
> > data collection via HAL, a set of basic SystemTap scripts and getting
> > the system ready to default to --as-needed linking
> >
> > Of course that might just be me being utterly nuts.
> >
> > - David
>
> We'll most likely be applying as a mentoring organization shortly.  You can
> add your ideas to the FedoraBounties page:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraBounties
>
> You can also review our SoC section of the wiki:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerOfCode

I can't edit the page (just added my wiki account) but how about a
Evolution filters to procmail export plugin. The plugin could just write
a .procmail.evolution file and then .procmailrc could include it.
Evolution provides a nice interface for creating the filters but
procmail doing the filtering at delivery time would be great. It's a
smaller scale project but I've searched everywhere and only found people
asking for such a feature, never finding any implementations.

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |