Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Mon Apr 17 19:55:12 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 21:07 +0200, Leszek Matok wrote:
> - ^C support! (Insert lots of curses here) Logging in as root on another
> console to killall -9 yum is boring.

Yeah, I've noticed Python apps in general tend to be very leisurely
about responding to a ^C.

Yum in particular seems to take ^C to mean "Cancel download and retry on
a different mirror" when it should mean "!@#$ing stop already".

Though being able to move to a different mirror is handy. Put that on a
*different* key please.

> Or maybe simply fix apt if it still has problems with dual-arch
> setups? :)

That's being taken care of. Check out whats in extras-development. As an
extra bonus, apt can now use yum metadata. No more special apt repo
support needed.