Kickstart and roles

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Tue Apr 18 22:35:12 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 21:31 +1200, David Mohring wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 22:47 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > So I've been kicking around this idea for a while and wanted to see
> > what others thought.
> > Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?
>
> Now and Xen:Complexities of Fedora,Grub,LVM and Xen
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-April/msg00545.html
> See the "Thirdly, so-so ideas" under run levels and roles.

I am not sure what you mean by this:

        Allocate file system mount rights on a first come first served
        basis, with fall over of NFS mounting if the first serves the
        requested partition.

As for grub and domU, I think there are many interesting things we could
do if we moved away from booting domU's with grub, and used tools in
dom0 or on a central server to manage the kernel/initrd/OS image/domU
association.

David