Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

Andre Nogueira andre.nogueira.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 15:41:26 UTC 2006

Hi,

How about improvements to Anaconda?

Here are a few things...

1) If you install from FTP or HTTP, you can only download from one mirror.
Why not ask the user if (s)he wants to add more mirrors, so several packages
can be downloaded at the same time, from different mirrors (thus increasing
download speed). It would also be useful if, for some reason, one mirror has
a corrupted package.

2) When Anaconda is installing a package, it is not downloading the next
package. Why not continue downloading packages while installing downloaded
packages?

3) When Anaconda starts, ask the user if (s)he has a kickstart configuration
file on a pen drive or remote FTP/HTTP location (s)he'd like to use. This
would make kickstart files much more user friendly.

I tried browsing through Bugzilla to see if any of these had already been
suggested, and didn't find anything. However, I'm new to helping Fedora, so
forgive me if I simply didn't search correctly...

Thanks,

Andre