corrupt package message during FC5 install from NFS.

Aggarwal, VikasX vikasx.aggarwal at intel.com
Thu Apr 20 22:52:55 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am trying to do install from NFS of a  custom distribution which is
based on FC5test3.

After formatting the local drive the anaconda-installer  shows message -
"The package traceroute-1.0.4-1.2.i386 cannot be opened. This is due to
missing file or perhaps the corrupt package. If you are installing from
CD media this usually means the CD is corrupt, or the CD drive is unable
to read media".

I tried  to check the internal checksum of each package with the -K
option to rpm, based on an article from
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6473

cd /Fedora5test3/ONE_CD/RedHat/RPMS
rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY
rpm -K *.rpm | grep "NOT *OK"

For all the packages I get " (GPG) NOT OK MISSING KEYS ".

My build system is FC5. What could be wrong with my install tree?
Please provide ideas about troubleshooting the above anaconda error
message or otherwise why "rpm -K" will say MISSING KEYS.

Thanks for help
-vikas