AIGLX packages for FC5 (and rawhide)

Fri Apr 21 10:44:50 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 12:23 +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:

> I also see the blue background with shadows only, when using aiglx, with
> a radeon laptop. What might be interesting is that it works a lot better
> when i switch from 24bit to 16bit mode (I can't test 32bit since that
> doesn't seem to be supported with the radeon driver).

I found the following warning, which might suggest a difference between
FC5 and Rawhide.

(WW) RADEON(0): [dri] limiting video memory to one aperture of 65536K
(WW) RADEON(0): [dri] detected radeon kernel module version 1.22 but
1.23 or newer is required for full memory mapping.
(II) RADEON(0): Detected total video RAM=32768K, accessible=65536K (PCI
BAR=131072K)

> But they seem to work kind of, glxgears for example works, but the
> OpenGL part of the window is always ontop. Blender does weird things
> also, it looks OK but parts of the windows are black when you move the
> cursor over them (blender does things like highlighting, and the whole
> GUI is in OpenGL).

Interesting is that in 24bit mode the output of blender is OK. It looks
like in 24 bit mode only the OpenGL parts are shown.

- Erwin