Fedora core suggestions

David-Paul Niner dpniner at dpniner.name
Fri Apr 21 23:23:17 UTC 2006

This "life lesson" was meant to be just that -- something for you take
away and digest.  I do sincerely apologize if I embarrassed you; it was
a bad call for me to write what I did.

I now realize, however, it seems quite likely that you could benefit
from some talking with someone about things, as you seem quite angry:

"I don't mind if you feel the need to form a defensive posture on being
told you posted a load of handwaving junk."

My original intention was not to put down you or the project, it was
merely to generate some discussion.

It's just not worth it.

Seriously, best of luck; I have nothing against you and wish you well.

=======================================
David-Paul Niner, RHCE
dpniner at dpniner.name
Florida, United States of America

Public Key for GPG key 1FCE01A2
available from http://www.dpniner.name

GPG Fingerprint for key 1FCE01A2:
9147 2826 BF20 962D C53E  6B1C 97FD 77A6 1FCE 01A2
=======================================

> >> "If you want to foster discussion, please issue considered
> >> argumentation, not unreasoned bulletpoints."
> >
> > Life Lesson #0: This is just the sort of response that causes people to
> > assume defensive postures.
>
> I don't mind if you feel the need to form a defensive posture on being
> told you posted a load of handwaving junk.  Have at it.
>
> > Your assumption that your personal experiences in regards to rpm-based
> > upgrades are reflective of the collective experiences of all users is
> > incorrect.  Overall, the process may be "excellent," but there is
> > clearly room for some improvement, or someone wouldn't have bothered
> > posting about it to a mailing list, would they?
>
> I have bad news: many posts on the Internet are made if there is a valid
> point to them or not.  If, as the original poster, you feel that upgrade
> installs are broken, please talk about that.  My experience is I have
> done yum dist-upgrades, CD upgrades and CD reinstalls and the only way I
> blew user data away was if I reformatted the filesystem.  If you have
> anything to add that doesn't fit with that experience, please talk about it.
>
> > In regards to the involvement of non-technical individuals earlier in
> > the testing process, I believe I was quite clear in my original message
> > that I did not know exactly how the project should go about implementing
> > that.  Please, calm down and read my message again.
>
> It seems I correctly apprehended the missing middle in your message the
> first time, thanks.
>
> > Also, you're awarding yourself an unrealistic amount of self-importance
> > in a group discussion.
> >
> > ;-)
>
> Good job you were standing by with a "life lesson".
>
> Have a nice evening.
>
> -Andy
> --

believed to be clean.