Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Apr 23 19:50:24 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 20 avril 2006 à 18:44 +0200, Hans de Goede a écrit :
> Rudolf Kastl wrote:
> > 2006/4/20, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl>:

> > Do you have something like a "design document"? atleast as raw as
> > specifying what each component has to do?
> >

> In my head, yes on paper, no. But if there is serious interest in this
> I'm more then willing to produce such a document.
>
> > from what i understand you want a db with a webfrontend accessible to
> > users to add their info? wouldnt the info have to be verified somehow?
> >

> Preferably yes, maybe with a voting system or something, anyone know how
> linuxprinting does this?

How about doing it the full way by doing the hardware db everyone dreams
about :
1. a small client that detects all the stuff on a system
2. optionally asks user to rank support for all the bits he got
(interactive mode - should be possible to just transparently collect
changed hw on boot/hotplug)
3. uploads results to a central db where people can read/comment on
them, add config info, with forums dedicated to ranges of hardware,
links to authoritative sites, etc

(ie the project desktop linux people talked a lot a few months ago but
no one worked on as far as I know)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot