FC5 rocks! / middle mouseless angst

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Mon Apr 24 21:20:09 UTC 2006

Leszek

>> what about the legion of
>> notebooks that lack a middle button?
> FC5 has middle button emulation enabled by default. Personally I hate
> it, but it works - press left and right button at the same time - that's
> it!

I do that for pasting - but it's incredibly fiddly if you want to hit
two real buttons and drag at the same time.

Another workaround is that I've set the trackpad to detect corner taps
as a button-2 click. Again this is OK for pasting but an ergonomic
disaster for dragging :(

Strangely I've got a separate mouse, and I find the overloaded click and
scroll doesn't cause me problems.

-Cam

--

                                                                      <--