FC5 rocks!

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue Apr 25 01:26:34 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 12:13 -0700, Denis Leroy wrote:
> Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> >       middle-click works well"spaleta
>
> While we're on the subject, somebody at Gnome is in love with the middle
> button, since it seems more and more important features are moved to it.
> Do you know how hard it is to click the middle button on a mouse when
> that middle button is actually the mouse wheel (i.e. 90% of them) ?
> Grrrr. I'm out!

All middle clicks should (And usually do) have an alternate way to do
the same thing. Really, the middle click is supposed to be the alternate
shortcut to whatever it is. Usually its on the context menu, and likely
also available with a shift or ctrl or alt click...

If there's not, its a bug IMHO.

Personally I use five button trackballs, which makes it easy to remap
middle click away from the scroll wheel. (Now if only I could figure out
how to use the extra two buttons for something useful...)