ipw3945 packaging

Jon Escombe lists at dresco.co.uk
Wed Apr 26 07:31:41 UTC 2006

I've been looking at what would be involved in packaging the Intel 3945 wireless
driver. The biggest obstacle appears to be the requirement for updated ieee80211
files[1]. Are there any plans to merge these updates into the FC5 kernel? And,
if so, any plans for a ipw3945 driver package from Fedora?

Note I am talking about the open source driver only - the firmware and
regulatory daemon would of course still be out of bounds for Fedora.

Regards,
Jon.

[1] ATrpms is the only 3rd party repo with a full package at the moment, and
they've done it by replacing the shipped ieee80211 kernel modules - something
that the 'better behaved' 3rd party repositories won't do...