AW: Still much more than 350 sockets needed!

Wes Shull wes.shull at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 07:02:15 UTC 2006

On 4/27/06, Jon Burgess <jburgess at uklinux.net> wrote:
> Seems it is the kernel refusing to accept() any more connections, the
> reason being that it takes 2 descriptors for each of your listeners:-

Oh duh, right.  One for the listener, and one for the server-side
socket spawned when a connection comes in.  Pay no attention to the
idiot behind the curtain!

I modified my script to use just a single listener, and then it does
indeed work perfectly as expected.  So I'm not seeing Hendrik's
problem after all.

--wes