Upgrade Mesa to latest Mesa-CVS?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Aug 2 21:45:17 UTC 2006

Hi all,

A friend of mine has rescently donated me an ati 9800 to test the new
r300 dri driver. I iimmediatly put it in my machine and ran some tests,
after that a filed a number of bugs in xorg's bugzilla and went back to
my trsutworthy 9200. Yesterday I got a reaction to one of the filed bugs
to try the latest CVS because that should have the bug fixed.

So today I tried the latest Mesa CVS on an 9800, and all the bugs I
previously experienced are gone. This bugs are still present in the
latest Fedora mesa packages.

Would it be an idea to update to mesa CVs, or maybe update the r300
driver to CVS if such a piecemeal upgrade is possible?

Regards,

Hans