acpi

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 19:37:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 12:33 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> It looks somewhat like this
>
>  http://www.hughsie.com/applications/Coppermine/displayimage.php?album=9&pos=9
>
> Using this tool I learned that
>
>  - The difference from LCD max/min brightness is a ~1-2 watts on my
> IBM Thinkpad T41 - which is ~ 10% of the power drain

Half the problem is learning what devices can be powered down and save
the most power. We can then concentrate our efforts on the biggest
consumers of power, stuff like the lcd panel.

The graphs may look like madness, but are really useful for people to
find "wow, turning off bluetooth saves 5W of power!" so we can add
policy and UI for this in the future.

Richard.