aug 9th boot.iso kernel panic

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Aug 9 20:42:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 02:45:20PM -0500, Jason Dravet wrote:
 > On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 14:38:58 -0400, David Jones wrote:
 > >
 > >Indeed.  Also, handy tricks to try..
 > >1. boot with vga=1 to get more lines of text onscreen
 > >2. When you get the garbage, flip to the other tty's, where you may find
 > >the oops in english :)
 > >
 > >If you have a digital camera, attaching a jpg of the oops to bugzilla is
 > >fine.
 >
 > I forgot to include that the system is locked at that point.  When the blue
 > screen with the garbage is showing I can't flip to the other ttys.  The only
 > key combo that works at that point is Ctrl-Alt-Del which switches me to the
 > black screen and the info I posted and put in bugzilla.

Hmm, that makes it reeeal tricky to diagnose.
Not sure what to suggest yet, but keep an eye on things, and if it's
still broken as we approach test3, shout louder, and wave your arms a bit,
and I'll see if I have any more bright ideas.

 > Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera.  I am a little behind the
 > times.

I'm surprised they haven't started showing up as free gifts in cereal packets yet :)

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk