Dependencies a little excessive?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Aug 10 19:23:17 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 10 août 2006 à 15:04 -0400, seth vidal a écrit :
> On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 20:59 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> > > So everyone hates it? anyone in favor?
> >
> > We hate it :)
> >

> okay - then here are a couple of more situations I want to make sure are
> understood:

Ok, my own non-representative opinion there is :

1. yum operations should always target the primary arch when packages
are not already installed, and all installed arches otherwise

2. using globs for arches in the package list is silly - most of the
times if you target one or all arches it's the same rule for all the
packages. So the arch mode should not be specified in the package list
but via a specific yum flag ( --arch foo, --biarch, whatever)

3. control freaks which want a package-level arch granularity in the
orders they issue through yum can type full arches instead of globs.
This is not the general case and we should not optimize for it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot