Dependencies a little excessive?

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Fri Aug 11 01:58:42 UTC 2006

tor, 10 08 2006 kl. 14:56 -0400, skrev seth vidal:
> On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 14:51 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Thursday 10 August 2006 14:48, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > > No, I don't like the behavior of installing both arches by default.
> >
> > I don't personally either, but I have the capacity to fix that for my system.
> > I'm just repeating the reasoning that was given to me the last time I bitched
> > about it.
>
> So everyone hates it? anyone in favor?

If you give me a simple boolean in yum.conf to turn it off I would be in
favor. I'll admit I was stunned when I first noticed the feature and I
did call for a handy little lynching but now that I've gotten used to
yum wasting my bandwidth and diskspace I just sigh and let it. I have
yet to actually experience any gain from this, so either it just works
and I didn't know there was a problem previously or it doesn't do
anything for me.

- David Nielsen