some closure on the xorg updates issue

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Aug 11 15:15:17 UTC 2006

Rahul <sundaram <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
> So what is the solution you are suggesting? The balance we are trying to
> reach here is avoid regressions while being a fast moving distribution.

1. Breaking a proprietary driver which was never supported is not a regression.
2. As for actual regressions (i.e. not 1.), if the upgrade fixes more than it
breaks, it is a net win. This is what needs to be evaluated, and what
updates-testing is for.

> We don't have the resources to backport fixes in Fedora in many cases.

Which is exactly why some people (including me, but several Fedora developers
too) want an upgrade.

        Kevin Kofler