Feedback on Java applet functionality?

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 11 20:13:29 UTC 2006

Louis Garcia II wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I was expecting to some comments on whether this feature works well in
>> Fedora Core 6 test 2 and the current development tree. Anyone tried it
>> out with the applets in the wild?
>>
>> Rahul
>
> When I visited a page with an applet it froze firefox. I looked in the logs and saw this:
>
> Aug 11 15:13:55 soncomputer kernel: audit(1155323634.469:38): avc:  denied  { execmem } for  pid=3198 comm="gappletviewer" scontext=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t:s0 tcontext=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t:s0 tclass=process
>
> What component does this fall under? Should it be selinux?

Yes. Please file a bug report against SELinux. GCJ applet viewer
probably should be fixed in the future to not require execmem
permissions but meanwhile the SELinux targeted policy can be modified to
allow this.

You can do setsebool -P allow_execmom=1 and see if you are able to
workaround this for now.

More details on what this means at http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/6117.html

Rahul