mailinglists (Was: Re: evolution crashes)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Aug 14 12:56:33 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis schrieb:
> Jesse Keating schrieb:
>
> But it seems the people don't get the differences between fedora-devel
> and fedora-test list. Mostly not their fault AFAICS. We IMHO need to
> make the differences more clear. I'd vote for a special
> fedora-development-tree-list to make it more obvious, but I know people
> won't like yet another mailinglist (fedora-test-list could stay and
> handle updates-testing stuff for stable releases). fedora-devel should
> IMHO stay only for general discussions ("Xorg 7.1 as FC5 update" and
> stuff like that).

Followup to myself: Or we simply scratch fedora-test-list to get rid of
this problem completely.

Further: The purpose for fedora-maintainers seems also not completely
clear afaics. It's a nice list to announce stuff to all maintainers, but
sometimes there are discussions held there that in my eyes would be more
suitable on fedora-devel or fedora-extras-list.

CU
thl