Bug-budy and evolution

Fernando Herrera fherrera at onirica.com
Tue Aug 15 14:22:41 UTC 2006

> Uh no, that does not fix it. Yesterday someone was telling me to do the
> same thing, and i replied to this list that it didn't work. It still
> prevents GDB from working, it will not show the dialog, but it still
> kills the program as if it wasn't executed by GDB at all, and i can't do
> any backtracing or inspection after the error happens.

If you are using libgnomeui prior to 2.15.90 you can create this
script under /usr/bin:
#!/usr/bin/python

import sys
import getopt
import os

opts, args = getopt.getopt(sys.argv[1:], "a:p:v:d", ["appname=",
"pid=", "package-ver=", "sm-disable"])
for opt,arg in opts:
        if opt == "--appname":
                appname = arg
        if opt == "--pid":
                pid = arg

os.system("gnome-terminal -x gdb %s %s" % (appname,pid))

and then do this in your session:

export GNOME_DEBBUGER=mygdbscript.py

then when evolution crahses you will get a Debug button in the dialog
that will launch you script (a gnome-terminal gdbing the app)

If you are using libgnomeui > 2.15.90 you can simply do:

export GNOME_HACKER=1

and it will do the same without any script

Hope this helps.

Salu2