rawhide report: 20060817 changes

Steven Augart saugart at mazunetworks.com
Fri Aug 18 13:15:09 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 17:02 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> tor, 17 08 2006 kl. 15:39 +0200, skrev Arjan van de Ven:
> > On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 15:33 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> > > For that one there's a cdrecord compatible wrapper called cdrskin which
> > > would make it a drop-in replacement.
> >
> > is it rude-print to rude-print compatible ? ;)
>
> Well I'm sure if you want it we can file a bug to have a --enable-joerg
> switch to enable insults and random undocumented behavior.
There's ample precedence for this in the "insults" option in the sudoers
file (see "man 5 sudoers").

I would suggest that this be an option called "insults" that can be both
a command-line option and an option in /etc/cdrecord.conf.  The "random
undocumented behavior" question is different, and doesn't seem to
address Arjan van de Ven's question :).  Perhaps it could be a different
option, if someone really cared.  If so, then David Woodhouse's proposed
"--enable-jrg" could be used for the union of the two.

--
Steven Augart
Mazu Networks