SSHd

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sun Aug 20 02:34:26 UTC 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 09:23:19PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > > Possibly. Perhaps the default config should be
> > > "PermitRootLogin=without-password", which would allow logins via
> > > public key but not using password authentication.
> > +1
> +2

There are no currently-open bugs on this (unless I overlooked one), but
there's several closed-wontfix ones, starting with bug #22930 (against Red
Hat Linux 7.1) and then #89216 (alias DisallowRoot) up through the other
week's logwatch suggestion.

I'm inclined to reopen #89216 with this suggestion, since it has the fancy
alias and since it's filed against devel already. Yeah?