multiarch question

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Tue Aug 29 14:48:07 UTC 2006

Hello,
  I'm afraid this is a very basic question.

Imagine I have a foo-devel package, which contains a pkg-config
description and some text files.  Moreover, it carries dependency on
bar1-devel and bar2-devel, since foo requires these bars.

The pkg-config description is /usr/lib/foo.pc on ppc and
/usr/lib64/foo.pc on ppc64.
The text files are not architecture dependent.

Will this setup work in the multiarch environment?
Or will rpm report conflicts about the files in the intersection,
even though they are identical?

Or should I move the text files to a separate noarch sub-package?
(The foo-devel package would then contain the tiny foo.pc file
and a handful of requires.)

Thank you in advance for any advices,
	Stepan Kasal