Fedora Artwork

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Tue Aug 29 18:11:57 UTC 2006

tir, 29 08 2006 kl. 22:09 +0530, skrev Rahul:
> Hi
>
> There are multiple theme elements being proposed and discussed in the
> fedora-artwork list
>
> * New Icon set to replace the current BlueCurve one at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoDevelopment

The icon theme isn't terribly complete also it looks to me like they
need to be reviewed for consistency. It seems that they use both the
plus and the star symbol to signify "new", what is worse the same two
symbols are also used to signify other operations.
The spacing on the pause icon looks a bit wide.
Prespective on the applications-graphics is reversed.
I have no idea what two monitors have to do with networking but
admittedly that is a tough one to crack visually as stated earlier on
art-devel.

All in all, I think it would be best to prospone the deployment till the
icon theme is more complete and has undergone some review. Maybe we
could add the icons to the redhat-artwork package as a preview keeping
Bluecurve as the default, if we can get them finished before FC6 ships
then we can flip the switch if not then at least people have the option
to test them and we can use bugzilla to track specific bugs.

> * New proposed theme at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ThemeSubmissions/DNATheme

Looks good to me, for what that's worth. It would be good if we could
get this packaged up for some real world testing. Also what is the time
horizon on finishing the missing bits?
I'd love to see the entire thing on my desktop in all it's complete4d
glory. I definitely think we should aim to deploy this part for FC6.

And many congratulations to the artteam for the stunning progress.

- David Nielsen