Fedora Artwork

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 31 16:50:11 UTC 2006

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Myles Green (rmg57 at telus.net) said:
>>> Forget the icons, if is not enough time for them, will not be the
>>> default, but for a wallpaper, GDM theme and GRUB splash there is no need
>>> for months of testing and these are very visible (and we have for weeks
>>> the good looking DNA theme from Máirín)
>>
>> Is there an actual GTK/Metacity theme out there? If so, my efforts at
>> finding them have been in vain. I've got the wallpaper and GDM themes,
>> still need to find/get the GRUB splash. I *like* this theme!
>
> Considering this more...
>
> I still believe that having all artwork done by feature freeze is
> the proper idea.
>
> That being said, we didn't actually *have* any policy in place
> at feature freeze for FC6. So, it's somewhat hard to hold to that
> policy.

We need to document the release freeze policy and the team to contact
for exceptions probably somewhere in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Development and linked from
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core/Schedule

> My proposal for *this release is*:
>
> - shelve the icon set - it's not done. Feel free to ship it as
>   an optional update that users can install and then switch to,
>   or something similar.
> - for the various splash screens/logo-ware, we can change them
>   as long as they are in by *test 3*. Which doesn't leave much time,
>   but if they're mostly done (as they appear to be) it should be
>   doable.
> - as to *what* artwork we ship, I hope that fedora-art can come to
>   some sort of consensus.
>
> Opinions?

DNA theme from duffy seems to be most complete and popular one in
fedora-art list and perhaps the background from Andy

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ThemeSubmissions

Rahul