Re: PC speaker fixed (was: Re: FC6 and cdburning)

On 8/1/06, Steve G <linux_4ever yahoo com> wrote:

I'd say so. There are just to many yappy programs. Do you really need to hear a
beep when doing tab completion?

I agree. Having a beep when something finishes is good, or for example
when you ask for screen to beep when something changes, but the rest
of the time it is very annoying and I usually disconnect the speaker
at the motherboard. It would be cool if there was a way to allow beeps
on a per-application level.

n0dalus.