Re: firefox.i386 in x86_64 repo

Jay Cliburn wrote:

I wrote a howto at fedoraforum that lays out the steps to get 32-bit Firefox installed with Flash and Sun Java in x86_64

As additional data points relating to this topic, there are actually two howtos at fedoraforum that provide instructions for installing firefox.i386 in Fedora x86_64: one howto for FC4 and one for FC5.

FC4:  http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81591
FC5:  http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102143

The FC4 howto has been accessed 15,023 times as of this writing, and the FC5 howto has been accessed 9,608 times. Even if just 10% of users accessing those threads were x86_64 users really intent upon installing 32-bit Firefox along with Flash and Sun Java plugins, we're talking about hundreds of end users who'd benefit from having firefox.i386 in the x86_64 repo(s).

If the decision is made to leave ff.i386 in x86_64 permanently, I'd appreciate it if you'd post the decision here when it's made. A lot of folks will be happy to hear the news.

Thanks,
Jay