Re: acpi

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 09:05, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> Give it a shot!

good

I use latest FC-5 kernel, somewhat stripped for my notebook (Acer Aspire)
I use gaugush's DSDT in initrd solution in order to use my custom DSDT, works
fine, no errors

but my battery life is real short

I use the same notebook and same DSDT for booting FreeBSd and get then almost
double battery life

also/or, seems that FC5 is not charging up to max capacity, I get battery full
notice very fast, then I boot FreeBSD and it still charge it for 30 minutes

the fixes I have in the DSDT are exactly about the battery, even if FC5 does
not report the errors when not using a custom table the battery life is even
shorter

Is there something I could check/do about it?

Hans